Review: Jones Soda 2005 Holiday Pack
Meghan gave me the Jones Soda 2005 Holiday Pack for an anniversary gift this year, with the understanding that I wouldn’t need to actually drink any of them.
But of course I did.
Here, so you don’t need to do this (to) yourself, is a brief review of the five flavors of pop in the pack.
- Corn on the Cob: The first sip was surprisingly bland, though the hints of flavor were definitely corn and butter. Once it approached room temperature, though, it had a distinctly slick buttery flavor. Distasteful; did not finish.
- Turkey & Gravy: Smells like turkey and gravy. Tastes like turkey and gravy. Third ingredient is salt. Sweetened with sucralose. Disgusting; did not finish.
- Broccoli Casserole: Initial taste is not unpleasant; vague broccoli taste, with strong celery aftertaste. Aftertaste remarkably worse after third sip. Third ingredient is salt. Disapproved; did not finish.
- Smoked Salmon Paté: Smells vaguely sweet; smoky aroma appears after a moment. First sip is surprisingly unoffensive, with sweetness almost overriding fishiness. Smoky aftertaste. Flavor remarkably worse if you smell while drinking. Disliked; did not finish.
- Pecan Pie: Tastes mostly like pecan pie, or at least like pecan pie spices. Sweet, but with a slightly artificial aftertaste. Not as good as I was hoping, but least there was no salt. Disappointing; did not finish.
Thanks to my brother Greg for helping me sample these.